Thursday, March 3, 2011

Platforms Ain't Going Nowhere!

Now this is my first time ever blogging, still getting the hang of it. So it is at this time that I would like to start my blog off on a good foot and talk about almost every woman's favorite thing: shoes. I am quite excited to see some of the upcoming trends for spring footwear. Like I predicted year before last, platforms aren't going anywhere, however, instead of the now boring classic pump with the sky high heel and platform, designers have opted to edge out their designs.(About time!) I'm not knocking this platform trend, but like every other trend that comes and goes, I have seen just about enough. I want something different, edgy, though I don't mind the 5 1/8 inch stillettos that grace my feet every time I step out. I can't deny that I died for this trend when I first saw it emerging back in 06, and more recently as the trend has sky rocketed from the "take a risk" shoe to the "staple" shoe, I have to admit, I have racked up on more than my fair share. However, in time the fad has quickly turned into a source of frustration for me seeing that every girl has these
platformed shoes on every time I turn a corner. Every Facebook p
Jessica Simpson "Colie" @ Baker's for $90.00
age, there's some girl posing in her raggedy Rainbow outfit and a pair of these fierce beings on; a pure example of the "trickle down" theory, if you get my drift. Honestly, I don't want to own a shoe that everyone else has, that's not standing out or being myself. The shoe is no longer edgy, if everyone is wearing it...similiar to Rihanna's "Umbrella" bob. Hence, I've gone back to looking at different styles of shoes just to stay ahead of the rest. It is refreshing to see designers taking on new ideas and revamping this slowly dying trend. Edgy, architectual pieces of art that call me back....no, lure me back to this played out fad, yeah like a desperate little girl, I'll come crawling back to my ex-love as long as my favorite designers keep up the good work. So, in closing, I'm so on the fence with these platformed shoes. Some days I wish they'd just die and go away, and once I've washed my hands of them and swore up and down to my husband that I don't want another pair of those ridiculous things, then Jessica Simpson has to come out with the "Colie". Darn it!

Happy Shoe Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Yes babe I definitely agree, styles tend to lose their "edge" more and more every time these busted lil girls who think they're grown step out the house and into the club. But as soon as I saw this pic that u posted of the 'Colie,' I knew you would change your mind on wanting another pair, LOL. But it"s ok, cuz you know I love seeing you in your heels anyway :)

    ReplyDelete